Window Terms Glossary

Sash: vertical and horizontal members made into a frame for holding glass.

Sealant: Liquids, pastes, or coatings used to seal edges of window frames.

Name: *
Address: 30*
City & Zip: *
Telephone: *
Message: *

Sill: The main horizontal member forming the bottom of the frame of a window or door.

Side light: A strip of vertical glass running alongside a door.

Spacer: the object that separates and maintains the space between the glass surfaces of insulating glass units IG.

Stile: a vertical member of a sash, leaf, or panel.

Stop: A molding used to hold, position or separate window parts.

Sliding Sash: A part of window which moves horizontally in a tracks.