Window Terms Glossary

Double glazing: two panes of glass , separated by an air space, used to increase energy efficiency and provide other performance benefits.

Double Hung: Window is the most common window types. it consists of an upper and lower sash that slide vertically past each other in a solid frame.

Name: *
Address: *
City & Zip: *
Telephone: *
Message: *

Double Strength Glass: Sheet glass with a thickness between 0.115 to 0.133 inch, 3 to 3.38mm or approximately 1/8” used in larger windows.

Dormer Window: Is window with a roof of its own, positioned, at least in part, within the slope of the roof.

Drip cap: A molding placed on the top of the head brickmold or casing of a window frame.

Desiccant: is a substance that absorbs water vapor. It is most commonly used in insulated glass to  remove humidity that would normally degrade or even destroy products sensitive to moisture.

Master Window Repair Inc. BBB Business Review

Dual-action window: else call tilt and turn. sash tilts in from the top for ventilation and swings in from the side.

Dead-air space: the space between the panes of glass of an I.G. Unit.