Window Terms Glossary

Panel: Usually refers to the glazed panel or panels in a window or door frame.

Pane: A sheet of glass for glazing a window or door.

Name: *
Address: *
City & Zip: *
Telephone: *
Message: *

Palladian windows: A combination of three windows where the center window is tall and arched and the two on the outside are rectangular, and match each other in design.

Parting stop: The thin strip on each jamb that separates the sash of a double-hung window.

Picture window: A large fixed window.

Pivot window: A window that opens by pivot points between the sash and frame.

Prime Sash: The balanced or moving sash of a window unit.

Projected Window: An awning-type window that swings either inwards or outwards at the top or the bottom.